I have been thinking about having mods on my weblog for a very long time, and have finally decided to make some of you moderators on my website! I am sure you are thinking, well, how do I become a moderator and what will I get? Here are your answers to those questions, and a few more.
Q. What do moderators on http://simmer27.com get? Do they get anything over everyone else? Do they get to be V.I.P. for anything? Why would I want to be a moderator?
Simmer 27: Moderators on this website will get special V.I.P. things such as coin codes, memberships, and rare penguins when I don’t need them. They will get to go to partys as a V.I.P. and will get a widget saying who the moderators are! Moderators will get to be moderators on my chatroom. You would want to be a moderator because every now and then, if you want to get something of yours promoted, I just might help!
Q. Thats cool! What do I have to do to become a moderator?
Simmer 27: To become a moderator on this website, you must do a few things. First, you need to comment on THIS POST telling me the following.
1. You AIM or MSN if you have one, if you don’t simply tell me your email. Don’t worry, I will not let other people see your AIM, Email, or MSN in the comments. I will remove it before its approved. I need this because if you are a moderator, I need to know how to contact you!
2. You need to have a good resimay. What I mean by that is I don’t want to hear from anyone that you have ever hacked anyone in the recent past, or have scammed someone. If you have done that, and I hear about it before you are a mod, you will not be added.
3. You need to have a wordpress account! How else can I add you to my website if you don’t have one? Comment saying what your wordpress account is. That is very important!
4. Comment saying if you have experience. Do you have a youtube channel or website? If you do, simply comment it!
5. Comment with the name of your penguin. (Of Course!!)
6. Finally, tell me why I should let you be a mod over everyone else! Tell me why you want to be a mod and tell me what you would do to help me if I made you one.
Q: What are my responsibilitys as a moderator? What rank will I get to be on your blog? What can and what cannot I do?
Simmer 27: You don’t have that many responsibilitys as a moderator. Your main responsibility is to moderate comments. Moderate the comments in such a way where you read each one. If the comment is saying “come to my site” then don’t approve it because it is spam. Spam any comment that could be found offensive, is a hate comment, is simply incorrect, or is expilict! Reply to any comment that is a question. You simply click edit to do this, then answer in bold 2 spaces beneath the comment. Don’t forget to put your penguin name so the person who submited the question knows who the question is coming from! You are not allowed to do anything related to my blogroll or posting as a mod. If you do without asking me, you will be demodded. Simmer 27’s on my chat room are fake, so don’t look for me there. If you are a mod, you will know my aim and msn. the only way you can tell if its me on my chat is if the –simmer27– name is being used. That is the only user name I use on the, and it is hack proof.
You will get to be an Editor as a moderator on this blog. Editors are the second highest rank on this blog. Administrator is the only one higher. Matre10 and I are the only Administrators on this blog. We will not be promoting people to Administrator because that is like giving away 50% of the website!
Q. Is it possible to be demodded? If so, how do I get demodded?
Simmer 27: If you want to be demodded, simply ask me and I will choose someone else. However, there are other ways to be demodded. For instance, if you spam this website with a different link, you will be demodded. If you edit my blogrol you will be demodded, or if you attempt hacking my site you will be demodded. Really, you would have to do something pretty bad to get demodded so If you become a mod, if you follow the rules you won’t be demodded. To all haters, if you want to get someone demodded come up with alot of proof. I mean alot, as in 10 – 20 different pictures that are clearly not photo shopped.
Q. When someone is demodded, how will you replace them?
Simmer 27: I will make a post, and at the bottom, I will say “I’m looking for a new moderator because “so – so” was demodded. Do you want to be a moderator? Comment here if you do!”
Q. How and when will the mods be chosen?
Simmer 27: First, I will read every comment submitted. Comments will be approved after submission. Then, on April 5, 2009 I will make a poll with the 10 names of penguins who I thought were the most convincing in why they should become moderators! I will make a poll on April 5, 2009 with the names of the 10 penguins who I thought would make good moderators! I will leave the poll open four 2 weeks in a widget, then I will close the poll and the 3 penguins with the most votes will become moderators! I will make sure that it is only one vote per computer to prevent cheating.
Good luck to all hopefuls! Remember, it will eventually come down to you choosing the moderator.